Red Fort is a Historical and political place in Delhi. This fort is built by Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan in 1648. This fort is made with Redstone that’s why the name of this fort is Red Fort. In the Hindi Language, it is also called as Laal Kila. The wall of Red Fort is 2 kilometers long which looks very attractive and royal. There is a Museum and also a very big and beautiful garden in Red Fort that is the main attraction among tourists.
Nowadays, it is a national place where every year the Indian government celebrate The Independence Day. Now let’s discuss, what is an entry fee of Red Fort, What is Timing and location of Red Fort.
Red Fort Entry Fee :
Rs – 35 for Indians Tourists
Rs – 500 for Foreign Tourists
Red Fort Timing :
9:30 am – 4:30 pm ( Monday off )
Red Fort Light and Sound Show Timings :
Hindi – 7 PM to 8 PM
English – 8.30 PM to 9.30 PM
Red Fort Light and Sound Show Entry Fee :
Rs 20 to Rs 80
Address / Location Of Red Fort :
Netaji Subhash Marg, Chandni Chowk, New Delhi, Delhi, 110006, India
Contact No :
011 2327 7705
Nearest Metro Station of Red Fort :
Chandni Chowk Metro Station
Fact About Red Fort ( Laal Kila )
- Initially, the name Red Fort is Qila-e-Mubarak, which means the Blessed Fort
- The construction of Red Fort took 10 years. It started building in 1638 and completed in 1648. Shah Jaha decided to shift capital from Agra to Delhi.
- There is two Entrance gate for Red Fort, one is Delhi gate and the other is Lahori Gate.
- The shape of Red fort is Octagonal and it is spread over in 256 Acres.
- The UNESCO has named the Red Fort as a world heritage site in 2007 for its historical and cultural significance.
- The Name of this Fort is because it is made with Redstone So, it is known as ” Red Fort “.
- Since the first Independence Day, the PM gives a speech from the Red Fort every Independence Day. That’s why it is consider as a Political place.
- The Kohinoor diamond was a part of the royal throne of Shah Jahan. But This precious stone was stolen by Nadir Shah and today is a part of Royal Crown Collection of England.
How to Reach Red Fort :
The distance of Red fort from New Delhi railway station is 4.5 km and from Airport, It is 20 km away. The Nearest metro station is Chandni Chowk Metro staation.
There are lot’s option available to reach Red fort, Like if you want to come via Metro station you can take tickets to Chandni Chowk Metro station. If you want to come via private then Ola, Uber are easily available. If you want to come via Delhi tranceport buses you can also come with DTC Buses. The cost of AC buses is only 25 Rs which is very Cheap.
Places to Visit Near Red Fort :
1. Jama Masjid
2. Chandni Chowk Market
3. Delhi Haat
4. Gurudwara Bangla Sahib
5. Agrasen Baoli
6. Netaji Shubhas Park
Related Post: Lotus Temple Delhi – Timing, Entry Fee, Location, Facts
1. What is Red Fort Timing?
Ans – The Timing of Red Fort is 9:30 am to 4:30 pm. Red fort entry is closed on Monday, so make sure that you don’t come on Monday.
2. What is the Timing of Light and Sound Show?
Ans -The Timing of the Light and Sound show is 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm for Hindi show and 8:30 pm to 9:30 pm for English show.
3. What is Entry Fee of Red Fort?
Ans – The entry fee of Red Fort is Rs 35 per person for Indians and Rs 500 per person for Foreign Tourists.
4. What is the Fee of Light and Sound show?
Ans – Well, There two types of Fee, Weekends and Weekdays. Rs 80 per person for adults on weekends, Rs 30 per person for children on weekends, Rs 60 per person for adults on weekdays. Rs 20 per person for children on weekdays.
5. Does it take extra charge for Camera?
Ans – Yes, It takes Extra charges for Camera and The charge is Rs 25.
6. What is Nearest Metro Station Of Red Fort?
Ans – The Nearest Metro station of Red Fort is Chandni Chowk.
7. In which Red fort Build?
Ans – The Red Fort was build in 1648 by Shah Jaha.
8. What is complete Addresss of Red Fort ?
Ans – The Complete Address of Red Fort is Netaji Subhash Marg, Chandni Chowk, New Delhi, Delhi, 110006, India.
Now, Let’s Summarize this Article ” Red Fort Delhi – Timing, Entry Fee, Location, Facts “. In This Article, we share information about Red Fort like what is Red fort Timing, what is an Entry fee of Red Fort, what is the location of Red Fort. We also share some amazing and unknown fact about Red Fort.
In post, we also share some tips and how you can reach Red Fort, Some nearest where you can go and explore and we also take some frequently ask questions and answer it. Hope you like it.
If You like this post then don’t forget to share with your friends and family on your social media. If you do that it is great for us, Thank You!