The Lotus Temple is a very beautiful and major attraction of New Delhi Tourism. It is located in Lotus Temple Rd, Bahapur, New Delhi, Delhi 110019. The Shape of this temple is the same as Lotus so it is named as Lotus Temple. There are total 27 petals is built with marble in this Lotus temple. The height of this temple is 34.2 meter.
Lotus temple is very popular in tourists, particularly in the foreigner. People come here to experience peace and relaxation. The architecture of Lotus temple is just amazing and there is a huge garden with lots of small trees.
Timing of Lotus temple –
9:00 am – 7:00 pm (Summer)
9:00 am – 5:30 pm (Winter)
Entry Fee of Lotus Temple –
Free / Nil
Location of Lotus Temple –
Lotus Temple Rd, Bahapur, Shambhu Dayal Bagh, Kalkaji, New Delhi, Delhi 110019
Phone No –
011 2644 4029
Famous for –
Beautiful Architecture, Nature Lover, Peace, Photography
Nearest Metro Station Of Lotus Temple –
Kalkaji Mandir Metro Station
Facts about Lotus Temple :
- This temple is build on 13 November 1986 and open for tourists on 24 December 1986.
- Every year, more than 4 million tourists visit the temple and about 10,000 people come to the place every day.
- This temple is build with white marble and the height of lotus temple is 37 meter And surrounded by 9 ponds.
- Lotus temple is built with the help of around 700 engineers, technicians, workers, and artists.
- Lotus temple is also known as Bahai house of worship.
- This is a religious place who believes in Bahai. Bahai faith believes that their centers of worship are for all religions. So, visitors of any religion are allowed at the Lotus Temple.
- The Lotus Temple in Delhi is one of the seven Houses of worship. The other centers are in Panama city, Kampala, Frankfurt, Sydney, Apia, and Wilmette.
- The Lotus temple is a place which does not has a single statue of god.
- Lotus temple was designed by Persian architect Feriborz Sahba, who is from Canada.
- According to a 2001 report, it was said to be the world’s most visited place in the world.
Best Time to Visit Lotus temple :
We all know, Delhi is a very polluted city in India. So in summer, the temperature goes high. Thus, you can go here in mid- August to March. This period is an ideal time to visit the Lotus Temple. one more tip I want to give that keeps water bottle always with you.
How to Reach Lotus Temple :
If you are from Delhi NCR or you already came Delhi from your city then you can simply take the metro and come to Kalkaji Mandir metro station. after reaching Kalkaji Metro station you can easily see Lotus temple and it is just 5 min away from the metro station.
You can also prefer private cabs or Delhi Transport buses which easily available in New Delhi and you can reach Lotus temple.
Related Post: Red Fort Delhi – Timing, Entry Fee, Location, Facts
Places to visit Near Lotus temple :
1. Kalkaji Devi Temple
2. Kailash Shiv Mandir
3. Kalkaji Districk Park
4. ISKCON Temple
What is the Timing of Lotus Temple?
The Opening timing of Lotus temple is 9:00 am to 7:00 pm in Summer and 9:00 am to 5:30 pm in Winter.
What is the entry fee of Lotus temple?
There is no entry fee in the Lotus temple, you can simply enter without any tickets.
What is the complete address/Location of Lotus Temple?
The complete address of lotus temple is Lotus Temple Rd, Shambhu Dayal Bagh, Bahapur, Kalkaji, New Delhi, Delhi, 110019, India
What is Nearest Metro station of Lotus Temple?
The nearest metro station of lotus temple is Kalkaji Mandir Metro station which near Nehru Place.
Why Lotus temple is famous?
The Lotus temple is famous in all over the world because of their beautiful architecture, History and Bahai faith.
New Delhi is a very beautiful city in India and very popular with Tourists because of History. There are lot’s of places to visit in Delhi and the Lotus temple is one of them. In this article, I shared about everything related to Lotus temples like the timing of Lotus Temple, Entry fee of lotus temple, address of Lotus Temple and Nearest metro station of Lotus temple.
I also shared how you can reach the Lotus temple and the best time to visit lotus temple.
In this post, I also share some fact more than 10 about Lotus temple and FAQ. So it can help you during your Lotus Tempe Tourism.
Related Post : Top #20 – Best places to visit in Mussoorie with family
Now give me a favor, If you like this post then don’t forget to share with your friends and family on your social media. That’s It, Thank you!